Meyer & Co. real estate agency was founded in 1936 by Marthinus Wessel Pretorius Meyer who practiced as a lawyer and moved over to real estate.
Our first offices were located at 122 Kerk Street (Walter Sisulu Street) after which the business later moved to 153 Church Street (Walter Sisulu Street), better known today as the Meyer Building which is located in the promenade and was a beacon in Potchefstroom.
Wessel Meyer became one of the founding members of the Potchefstroom “Afrikaans” Business Chamber later that year. Meyer & Kie is possibly the oldest real estate agency in Potchefstroom still trading and we are celebrating our 84th anniversary this year.
Theo Walter van Niekerk joined the firm in 1980 and by 1983 he took over as director and principal of Meyer & Kie after obtaining his degree as a corporate accountant. The office moved to the Quintron building in Autolaan in 1989 and in 2003, and for the last time, moved to 10 Le Roux Street, into our own building.
Meyer & Kie is already in his third generation, where Walter van Niekerk joined the firm in 2008 as a part-time administrative clerk. After graduating with a degree in International Trade, Walter began his career in banking, after which he was appointed as a full-time candidate real estate agent at Meyer & Kie Real Estate Agency and is still involved with the firm.
Meyer & Kie
A Broker Who Leads From The Profit Buy To Luxury Real Estate Market Throughout Potchefstroom. We handle the sale of residential property, commercial property, farms and holdings.
Contact Us Today still to discuss your property requirements